Pages

Thursday, September 5, 2013

What my wife and kids think of the whole deal

Mahi, my daughter (6th grader)

"I'm excited that I get a vacation during school. I'm not going to miss my dad that much and I will get to see him when we go on our vacation in Brazil. One of my favorite things about this vacation is that I get to miss a week of school!"

Savit, my son (3rd grader)

"I am happy but sad. Excited yet sad. I'm happy because Dada doesn't let me do somethings. I am sad because Dada is the only one who plays video games with me. I am excited because I get to miss a week of school. I expect to see Jesus in Rio and adobe houses"

Akila, the long-suffering wife

"I know I should be happy for him, but all I am thinking about is how to get through the next four weeks....the upside though is our trip to Brazil at the end of his assignment"


Wow ! Asking them to type (or tell me, in my son's case)  their thoughts turned out to be an exercise in realizing my irrelevance, and the supreme appeal of missing school when you are in elementary school.

#ibmcsc brazil

2 comments: