Pages

Thursday, September 5, 2013

In a few hours, a trip of many personal firsts

In just a few hours, I'll be headed on my flight to Sao Paulo. This will be a trip of many personal firsts:

- first time to South America
- first time south of the Equator (though I was born 8.5 N latitude, I've never been further south than 1 N - Singapore)
- longest break from "work"
- my first as an American citizen
- my first through TSA Pre-Check
- most significantly, first time away from the family for a month

While the 11 hour flight duration is up there, I believe both my New Delhi - Newark & Copenhagen - Seattle flights were longer.  As I anticipate sleeplessness, packing away a few books to tide me over - M T Vasudevan Nair's "Randamoozham" (in Malayalam) and the ever-reliable P G Wodehouse. Also plan to read my dad's new novel (in Malayalam) and mom's book of poetry.

#ibmcsc brazil

No comments:

Post a Comment