Pages

Friday, August 30, 2013

Where in the world is Uberlandia ?

My IBM CSC cohort (Brazil 14) and I head out to Uberlandia, Brazil on the 5th of September, 2013 for our "in-country deployment". When I found out 5 months ago about my destination,  my first reaction was excitement, rapidly followed by - where in the world (or rather, Brazil) is this place ?

Turns out that Uberlandia ("The Fertile Land") is a mid-size city of over 600,000 residents. Primarily an agricultural region in the state of Minas Gerais ("General Mines"), it is also a transportation hub. Here it is on the map...



This is how a virtual signpost would look...

Washington, DC, USA - home - ~4,500 miles (as the Arctic Tern flies - don't think crows can fly this far)
Trivandrum, India  - my birthplace - ~8,700 miles
Sao Paulo - 360 miles
Rio de Janeiro - 620 miles

 

#ibmcsc brazil

No comments:

Post a Comment